Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Cleaning

This past weekend was spring cleaning and de-cluttering for our house. No one is ever really excited about it but me. I guess it’s the hygienist in me, but I actually plan ahead and make lists.

This year, we started with the extra bedrooms in the basement. One room holds a hodgepodge of seasonal/holiday décor, camping gear, luggage, old TV’s and anything else that doesn’t have a designated home—better know as the storage room. The other room is actually my husband’s room for his sports equipment and tools; it has become a catch-all for anything and everything. We decided to tackle the latter of the two.

It was a good thing we cleared out the room together, since it gave Chad and I the opportunity to revisit memories from high school and college. We reminisced about some of our adventures from when we first started dating, and in the process, we got a lot accomplished and actually had fun.

I found my tall stack of dental hygiene books from 1983. It was a real dilemma to decide what to do with them. Some were so outdated that I donated them to recycling. The others, I set aside for a future decision. Yesterday, I ran into a friend at the grocery store whose daughter just got accepted into the local dental hygiene program at Idaho State University. I offered her my old books so her daughter can get a head start with terminology and anatomy. I feel good knowing that my books will go to helping a future hygienist. One I did keep, however, is my Esther Wilkins book. I’m generous, but some things are best kept close to the heart.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: