Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I guess dental isn't in their DNA

I knew it would happen sooner or later. The time has come for my children to plan ahead for college.

My youngest, Taylor, will be starting high school in the fall. He just finished registering for classes and filled out his four-year plan worksheet. Nowhere on that form did he choose classes that would ready him for a dental related career. I have made a conscious effort not to be “dental pusher,” but certainly had hoped that at least one of my kids would entertain the idea of a career in dentistry. I think Chad was hoping Taylor was going to follow in his footsteps and be interested in law enforcement.

Regardless, Chad and I are grateful that our kids are honor students and look forward to college. To our surprise, they are both considering pharmacy. Taylor is also thinking that sports medicine or physical therapy may be his calling. Shelby’s other interests include law school or massage therapy.

I guess if they don’t go dental, at least both are considering a health related profession. Don’t you just love it?!

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: