Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gearing up for ADHA

The countdown has begun. In less than two months, we will be basking in the summer sun of Albuquerque. Every year, my anticipation starts earlier than the one before. There are so many reasons for my excitement.

It is easy to get caught up in all of the events—everything from the opening ceremonies to one last hug as we part ways is unforgettable. My fondest memories spring from the people that I have met over the years. I have been so fortunate to be in the company of such accomplished dental hygienists.

There are some real mover and shakers in the ADHA. Certain individuals come to mind: Leaders such as Tammy Filipiak, Kristie Manage-Bernie, and Betsy Chandler have a certain presence in the House of Delegates. They have each been a strong role model for me and I hope to be as confident at the microphone as they are. In addition, I am particularly proud of District XII, (which of course, includes the great state of Idaho). We have won the HYPAC fund raising challenge for the past four years.

We also have our share of fun at the social events. Peter Gangi somehow manages to dance with every hygienist on the dance floor at the same time! Esther Wilkins’ attendance is always a treat and it is an honor to meet and visit with her. Last October, I had the great pleasure of helping judge the BreathRx Hygienist of the Year event with, among others, Modern Hygienist Editor, Maria Perno Goldie and the Immediate Past President of ADHA, Marge Green. Marge and I did a little shopping in Beverly Hills. Wait until you see the cocktail dress she helped me pick out! I look forward to catching up with these exceptional people in Albuquerque.

There are so many reasons to love annual session. I am a better person, hygienist and friend because of the inspirational people I have met through the ADHA. I thank you.

Welcome to my life.
Lisa

No comments: