Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

April Fool's

Every year, my daughter pulls the same April Fool’s trick on me.

My shampoo and conditioner are liter-sized bottles with professional pump dispensers. Since I buy salon products, a little goes a long way, and the dispenser dose works out nicely for me. For some reason, the pump “malfunctions” on an annual basis. Shelby sneaks into my shower every March 31, takes the pump out, wraps the tube with cling wrap and puts it back into the bottle. When I push the pump to dispense the product, nothing comes out and only then do I realize I’ve been tricked—again.

You’d think I’d remember this from year to year, but I’m not usually wide-awake in the morning until I’ve had my shower and cup of coffee. I get a chuckle out of it knowing it makes her day to pull one over on me. I too enjoy getting away with good practical jokes and pride myself in not falling for ones directed at me. I think I may be getting more gullible as time goes on.

My former boss and mentor, Dr. Steve Friedrichsen, is one of the few that have been successful in outwitting me. He always challenges me with “big” words and pushes me to find the definition on my own. Sometimes it makes me crazy because the word is usually not located in the conventional dictionary, and I have to search online. It’s good to keep your mind busy, and even better to keep someone else’s busy! Thanks Steve.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: