Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just Relax

I have officially attended yoga or Pilates for four days per week, for the last three months. At first, I didn’t know if I would be able to make it to class each and every time, since it is often easier for me to put myself and my needs after my kids and family obligations. I decided that if I am going to sign up and pay in advance for the classes, I had better make good on my investment.

Guess what? My family didn’t crumble without me. The first few weeks, there would be a handful of missed calls on my silenced cell phone at the end of class. Now, only occasionally will I have a missed call, and my family has gotten used to my exercise class schedule.

Yoga and Pilates really help me unwind at the end of the day. If my schedule at work was stressful, I look forward to “Lisa time”even more. Last week, I had to skip a class due to a “Relay for Life” meeting. I had mentally prepared myself to miss the class and planned to do a yoga DVD at home after the meeting. I was running a few minutes late and when I arrived at the meeting place, the doors were already locked. I had missed the meeting. Not only did I not exercise, I felt like my time was wasted. My poor family had to deal with the wrath. I was so cranky the entire night and just felt wiped out.

Later, I realized that my anger was misdirected and childish. No matter how hard we try, we cannot always control a situation. I run a “tight ship” at the office. When unforeseen things mess with my schedule, I can get a bit edgy. Believe it or not, the entire world does not revolve around us. Close you eyes, take a deep breath and let life happen. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Welcome to my life,
(my calm, more relaxed life)

Lisa

No comments: