Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scary for me, lesson for you

I have had the absolute most frightening evening of my life. We had a house fire on Sunday night.

I had just finished watching Desperate Housewives. My daughter was doing her nails (had a bottle of nail polish remover on the table) and I was enjoying a nice glass of wine and the scent of a candle on my coffee table. Shelby and I went to her room to try dresses on. Moments later, the smoke detector was screeching. We rushed into the living room to find the floor and a down blanket on fire.

The only thing we can figure out is that the dog must have knocked the candle and the nail polish remover over and it landed on the floor. Chad and our son, Taylor, were in the basement lifting weights. I called for them and they came running. Luckily, we have fire extinguishers on each floor and Chad was able to put out the fire. The carpet, couch and Taylor's blanket were burned and the house stunk horribly. I flipped the blanket hoping to put the fire out and had some hot plastic stuff from the carpet landed my cheek. I only have two little burn spots. This could have been disastrous!!

I implore each of you to have fire extinguishers in your homes and know where they are. Fires can happen in a moment. Chad always changes the batteries in the smoke detectors each day light savings time. Have you checked your alarms lately? Please, be safe. God Bless.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: