Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The aftermath

Our home is starting to settle down after the fire, but I am still jumpy when I hear an alarm. Nothing quite mimics the alerting sound of a smoke detector, but the morning alarm clock now wakes me instantly as does the coffee maker and my cell phone.

Our homeowner’s insurance adjuster came over today to assess the damage. It looks like we will be covered to replace the carpet, down blanket and the couch. They also included paint allowance for the wall next to the burned area. Now the work begins.

It has been many years since the walls have been painted. Obviously, one cannot paint just one wall. We have decided to bite the bullet and repaint the entire living room. That may not sound like much, but we have 25-foot vaulted ceilings and lots of unique architectural corners and angles. We may have to hire some of the painting out in order to get it all done before the holidays. We usually do our home improvement projects ourselves, but we have most of our ensuing weekends committed to our kid’s activities. Chad is leaving for a week for steelhead fishing and hunting season opens in a couple days. I can see late nights in my future.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: