Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Monday, March 3, 2008

Give Kids a Smile, Part II

The “Give Kids a Smile” event was a great success. It was a very humbling experience. Most of the children had two to three quadrants of teeth that were badly decayed.

I can’t imagine being unable to afford the ‘luxury’ of going to the dentist. As a child, my parents always made sure we had good dental care. I can still remember how excited I was when I had a good check up! I had no idea people went without a family dentist.

I am so proud of our local dentists, hygienists and assistants for giving up their Friday evening and half of Saturday. I challenge each and every one of you to give of yourself and volunteer in whatever capacity you can. Admittedly, I am not the most experienced dental assistant, but I learned to talk my way through almost any procedure. After this experience, I really have to hand it to the dental assistants in my office. I have a whole new respect for what they do. I don’t know how many lips, cheeks and fingers I inadvertently sucked up with Mr. Thirsty, but I am pretty sure they were returned to their rightful owners.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: