Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Monday, March 31, 2008

Embracing Differences

I like to think that I am a sensitive person. However, sometimes I can be too sensitive. Our office has two hygienists and we are very different in our personalities. I tend to be more on the talkative side and Eileen is more on the quiet side. This is actually a good thing.

We are both dedicated clinicians with many years of experience. When patients call to schedule an appointment, they have a choice as to which hygienist they would prefer. Usually the patient will have a favorite, but sometimes they will say it doesn’t matter.

At first I felt badly, fearful that I may have offended a patient or that they did not like me. In retrospect, knowing that our patients are confident with either myself or Eileen is very comforting. It’s wonderful to have loyal patients, but it isn’t the end of the world switch things up a bit. Everyone has something different to bring to the table.

Embrace differences.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: