Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Greetings, from Hawaii!

Against my better judgment, I have returned from the land of palm trees and tropical fruit. I am really jealous of my fellow District 12 hygienists that live in Hawaii. You are so lucky to have a taste of paradise every day!

When Chad and I arrived in Oahu, we were really surprised. I’m not sure what we actually expected, but high-rise buildings and major freeways were not it. Don’t get me wrong—the warm tropical air was like a welcomed hug from a long lost friend. Once we got out of the airport and headed towards Waikiki beach, things got significantly better.

We spent twp days relaxing on the beach, shopping at the international market and enjoying authentic Mai-tai’s. I have never tasted pineapple so sweet in my entire life. As most hygienists know, pineapple is very acidic. Here’s a little suggestion for anyone going to Hawaii: If you plan to eat lots of pineapple, plan for canker sores on your tongue. Luckily, I packed a small bottle of Peridex in my suitcase!

Welcome to my life.
Lisa


No comments: