Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Friday, June 6, 2008

Car Talk

Oh happy day! Finally, after much research and deliberation, we traded in our gas guzzling Ford Expedition. I loved that SUV, but choked every time I went to fill it up. Our daughter drives her own car and our son is taking drivers training this summer. I am usually on my own in the Ford and we couldn’t rationalize keeping it. With gas prices on the rise, we accepted the fact that we needed to get a more fuel efficient vehicle.

Most car dealerships now use Edmunds.com to find the trade in value rather that the Kelly Blue Book. Edmunds bases the trade value on the economy, which right now, really hurts the consumer. If any of you are planning to downsize your vehicles, do it soon, and be aware that the trade in value for “heavies” are plummeting. Diesel truck trade in values are literally thousand of dollar less that you would expect.

The first car I purchased on my very own was a Honda Prelude SI Sport. I married Chad and a couple years later…along came kids. Out of pure necessity, we worked up the ranks to bigger vehicles including the typical four door family car, two mini vans, a Ford Explorer and the beast. I am now the proud driver of a Honda Accord. Driving a smaller car will take some getting used to, but someone has to do it. We have XM radio at the office and now I have it in my car. I can listen to Barry Manilow and Air Supply to my heart’s content.

Welcome to my life.
Lisa

No comments: