Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Getting in shape—or a variety of shapes

Once I turned 45, I realized my average figure wasn’t going to maintain itself on its own. I have always been pretty active and healthy. I truly believe that our muscles get bored with the same exercise routine.

Thanks to Peter Gangi, I was basically guilted into taking a spinning class. Those of you that know me know that I don’t do anything halfway. If you decide to try this kind of exercise, pace yourself or you will have a hard time sitting down for a few days.

Yoga…how hard can it be? Kristy Menage Bernie promised me at Career Flow that anyone can do the one legged tree pose. I don’t know what kind of trees they have in California, but my pose looks more like leaning sage brush. I will persevere.

Next is the Pilates class. I’m strong. One-pound weights are for sissies. How was I to know that 3-pound weights can really make the triceps ache?

Today I went to my orthopedic MD for a cortisone injection in my heel. Plantar fasciitis is a force to be reckoned with.

That’s my “in shape update,” and I just want to thank Peter and Kristy for motivating me to get going.

Welcome to my life.
Lisa

No comments: