Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Upside to Blizzards...

We had one heck of a blizzard today. It really messed up the hygiene schedule. A family of six cancelled, creating a three hour opening in the afternoon. It worked out well, though, because I really enjoy administering local anesthesia and this available time allowed me to jump in and get the operative patients seated and anesthetized for the doctor.

Too many times, hygienists get burned out doing traditional hygiene procedures. If we look for other ways to help the team, I really think burn out would decrease. I've been in private practice since 1985 and today, I love my office, in larger part because we all pitch in and help each other. There are times when I am dog tired by the end of the day, but I chalk it up to a successful day of making a difference.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: