Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Little Marriage Advice

Today is my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. We went to Boise for family portraits and a nice dinner. I truly believe that they have set a great example for me and my siblings. Chad and I will be celebrating our 20th this year.

I read a great article in the local newspaper a couple years ago about marriage. The headline caught my eye, “Marriage, not children, is the center of a family.” The author, a psychologist, explains that the divorce rate is ever increasing due to the fact that children do not see their parents as a couple in love but rather individual mom and dad roles. When these children grow up and have children of their own, they also model the roles of mom and dad.

It is difficult to put your relationship with your spouse ahead of your kids and I don’t advocate neglecting kids in any way, but take the time to nurture your friendship and relationship with your spouse. Go on a date without your kids. Take a weekend away. Be a positive role model for your kids.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for being that for me. Happy Anniversary, I love you.

Welcome to my life,
Lisa

No comments: