Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Paste-Free Prophy Angles

Sunstar recently introduced a new Paste-Free disposable prophy angle. I wasn’t sure if I liked them at first, but after using them for a few months I plan to continue using them.



The grit is actually embedded in the prophy cup. It is recommended to start polishing in a posterior area where a lot of saliva can soften the cup. I usually start in an upper posterior quadrant and can tell the cup softens quickly.

My patients have had mixed opinions on this new product. Many like the no-grit feeling and are thankful to have the ‘crunchies’ eliminated. Surprisingly, some miss the grit and prefer the traditional prophy paste. I have found the best candidates for this new product are pedo patients and xerestomia patients, but all would benefit.

Stain removal is efficient and I just throw away the angles when I am done. I really like coming home without bits of prophy paste in my hair. Give them a try. I think they’re great!

Welcome to my life.
Lisa

No comments: