Are you in favor of a mid level dental provider?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Welcome to my life!


Dear Friends,
I am very excited to put my thoughts online! Some of us already know one another from attendance at the ADHA meetings, but for those who don’t know me, let me provide a little background information.
I am a 1985 graduate from Idaho State University with my bachelor’s degree in Dental Hygiene, and have worked in private practice ever since. Pocatello, Idaho, is where I call home, but I am a Wisconsin native—the Green Bay Packers rule and I love cheese.

Dental hygiene is my passion, second only to my family and friends. Serving on the Idaho Dental Hygienists Association executive board is one way I give back to the profession that has been so good to me. I was recently elected for a position on the ADHA Ethics Committee, representing Region D. In the past, I have served as Delegate and Alternate Delegate in the House of Delegates for the ADHA, representing Idaho.

In October 2006, I was chosen as the BreathRx Hygienist of the Year. This was an amazing experience which has opened many doors for me. I didn’t go into the dental hygiene field thinking I would be a spokes person for hygienists’ nationwide, but am thankful that Discus Dental and Modern Hygienist believed in me and gave me the opportunity. I have a new found confidence in myself and a deeper passion for dental hygiene.

Being a hygienist is about so much more than just “cleaning teeth.” We make a difference everyday! My patients are very loyal and have followed me to different offices. With their support, I have yet to wish I had a different career. It may seem like I am sounding my own horn, but I hope each and every one of you does the same. Be proud of what you do, knowing you have made a difference in others’ lives.
My goal with this blog is to enlighten, entertain and challenge you.

Welcome to my life!
Lisa Higbee, RDH, BS

No comments: